INDEPENDENT LIVING CLUB
The SOS Care Independent Living Skills Program is for adults ages 18+ and features assessments and individualized life planning. This multi-faceted program focuses on functional living skills such as money and time management, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, relationship skills, and other skills necessary for independence. This program also has an emphasis on secondary education, employment, and volunteerism. In addition, the Life Skills Program focuses on accessing community resources such as fitness, theater, and recreation.
Classes daily from 8:30-10:00 or 10:30-12:00.
Groups meet in our clinic on 21st Avenue in Myrtle Beach or virtually and often spend time out in the community practicing the skills that they have learned.
Skills that are worked on in the program include:
- Social Skills and Awareness
- Safety Skills and Awareness
- Cleaning Skills
- Gardening and Yard / Outdoor Maintenance
- Personal Hygiene
- Budgeting Money/Money Management
- Sexual Education / Safety / Health
- Community Awareness/Safety
- Job / Employment Skills
- Paying and Understanding Bills
- Grocery Shopping
- Making / Setting Appointments
- Health and Wellness / Self Care